Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Thank you from Orphans of the Storm & Sylvie!

I wanted to share this lovely letter I received from Orphans of the Storm. Many thanks to all my friends who made donations, as well as to those who helped spread the word about my fundraising efforts for this great shelter (I may be biased - they took fabulous care of me before papa took me in).

It's not too late to help this wonderful organization! Donations are still being accepted through my FirstGiving page.


-SylvieDog



June 1, 2009

Dear Sylvie Dog and Friends,

Orphans of the Storm has received the $1,003.44 you helped raised for the animals at Orphans.

This donation is very thoughtful and on behalf of the animals here and the staff and volunteers, I thank you.

Orphans of the Storm has a long history of adopting lost, neglected and unwanted dogs and cats. Started in 1928 by silent film star and animal lover Irene Castle, the shelter has been the last refuge for countless animals waiting to be adopted into loving homes.

Orphans of the Storm has the largest selection of dogs and cats available for adoption anywhere in Illinois. This emphasis has the benefit of allowing prospective adopters to have a large selection when they visit our facility. This approach is very costly, however, as Orphans has annual expenses of $1.4 million which is primarily funded by private donations. Orphans of the Storm receives no grants from any government agencies.

We appreciate your support of our humane work. If you would like to be part of our mailing list please contact us at barbaragorphans@yahoo.com.

Sincerely,

Barbara Gucwa

No comments:

Post a Comment